The World's Purest Organic Soap Bar
NIUGINI ORGANIC’s pure, unscented soap is the purest organic soap bar in the world.
It consists of nothing but 100% plant-derived Sodium Cocoate.
This is a soap compound created by boiling organic coconut oil and lye using a traditional method.
100%. PURE. SOAP.
NIUGINI ORGANIC’s pure, unscented soap consists of nothing but 100% plant-derived Sodium Cocoate made from single-origin, organic coconuts wild-harvested on the Island of New Britain in Papua New Guinea.
More than half of our suppliers are women, who are able to make money without having to rely on men for physical labour.
The soaps are completely plastic-and cruelty-free, carbon neutral and handmade.
By the way, “NIUGINI” is the creole spelling of New Guinea and pronounced as “New Guinea” is read in English. 😊
THE PUREST ORGANIC SOAP
Our pure, unscented soap consists of nothing but 100% plant-derived Sodium Cocoate. It is produced using a traditional “saponification” method boiling organic coconut oil with lye (NaOH).
Our soaps are both ACO and COSMOS organic-certified. They are also “super organic”, because they have to be hand-picked off pristine, virgin forest floor promoting biodiversity and rainforest preservation.
EMPOWERS FEMALE FARMERS
More than half of our suppliers are women, because harvesting coconuts requires less physical labour than traditional crops.
CARBON NEUTRAL & ZERO PLASTIC
Our soaps come all the way from Papua New Guinea by ship. We plant trees in Scotland every month to offset the CO2 created by the ships and delivery networks in Europe.
The coconuts are wild-harvested, not from plantations. Once ripe and fallen on the floor, they are hand-picked by farmers, never by picking monkeys.
The coconuts are hand-picked off the forest floor, husked and scraped, the soaps are packaged and wrapped entirely by hand.
Discover the World's Purest Organic Soap Bar!
Supporting over 200 smallhold farming families
Made only from Cruelty Free Non-Farmed Coconuts
What makes our soap soap truly unique?
The fact that it is hand-made supporting small hold farmers with stable prices and that consists only of
pure Sodium Cocoate with essential essential oils.
coconut soap faq
- What is coconut soap used for?
Coconut soap is an excellent moisturizer for both the skin and hair and can even be used for shaving. The properties of the coconut oil help remove dead skin cells and dirt away from the body. Research has shown that the medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) in the coconut oil also prevent or reduce acne. It also helps firm up your skin helps you look younger as the soap is rich in antioxidants.
- Is coconut bar soap good for your skin?
Coconut bar soap can be very pure, organic certified and very good for your skin.
Research has shown that the medium chain fatty acids(MCFAs) which are highly concentrated in coconut oil reduce the count of acne-causing bacteria on the skin.
They do this while maintaining a moisture barrier on particularly parched skin such as medical conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
- What are the ingredients for coconut soap?
Coconut bar soap can be created by boiling just lye (Sodium Hydroxide) with coconut oil. The resulting compound is called Sodium Cocoate and can be organic certified. It is possible to make soap from many other oils or fats, but only coconut oil produces a stable soap bar product by itself.Coconut soap is the purest type of soap in the world.
- Is coconut soap good for dry skin?
Pure organic coconut soap is very good for dry skin. Research has shown that the medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) maintain a moisture barrier on particularly parched skin such as medical conditions like eczema or psoriasis. MCFAs are highly concentrated in coconut oil and can also reduce the count of acne-causing bacteria on the skin.
- Is coconut bar soap good for your body?
Coconut soap contains significant properties that can tackle several kinds of skin issues at once. This includes anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Coconut soap can be extremely pure consisting of just Sodium Cocoate and can be organic certified.
- Is coconut bar soap organic?Some coconut soap bar manufacturers certify their soaps as organic. They do this by certifying the coconut oil, which is used to make the soaps. Niugini Organics coconut soap bars are also super organic, because they promote biodiversity and rainforest preservation.
- What 3 ingredients are needed to make coconut soap?You only need coconut oil, water and lye (also known as Sodium Hydroxide or NaOH, a strong base. Niugini Organics coconut bar soap is organic, because it is made from organic coconut oil.
- Is sodium cocoate safe?Sodium cocoate is Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In their evaluation the FDA takes into consideration the general toxicological profile of each ingredient used, the chemical structure, the CIR panel evaluation where available, the level of exposure (full technical data and/or toxicology files are held for each ingredient) and a total daily exposure has been calculated along with the margins of safety for each ingredient.
- What is sodium cocoate made of?Sodium cocoate is a mixture of fatty acid salts of coconut oil that is used in coconut oil-based soaps. Sodium cocoate is produced by a process called saponification: the hydrolysis of the ester linkages in coconut oil with sodium hydroxide (NaOH), a strong base. If organic coconut oil is used the resulting soaps bars can also be organic certified.